Monday, June 9, 2014

My Favorite Book Series.

       Most of the novels that I've read are part of a trilogy at least. This being said, I love when a story carries on to more than one book. I have read a bunch of series of books such as The Hunger Games trilogy, Harry Potter, the Divergent trilogy, and the Mortal Instruments. There is one series of books that sticks out as my favorite. My favorite series would be The Infernal Devices.
        The Infernal Devices consists of three novels. They are called Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, and Clockwork Princess. It takes place in the 19th Century. It is considered a prequel to The Mortal Instrument series. These novels are in the perspective of Tessa Gray, who has recently left her home of New York to follow her brother to London. Upon arriving in London, Tessa gets captured by two warlocks who show her that she has a power to shape shift into anyone else. They say that they have her brother and that if she listens to them, he will remain unharmed. They also say that they are getting her ready so she can marry "The Magister". One day, someone sneaks into Tessas room and tells her that he will help her escape. His name is William Herondale. He is a shadowhunter and was sent there to kill the Dark Sisters (The warlocks who were holding Tessa hostage). They escape and go back to the London Institute where the rest of the Shadowhunters are. The trilogy follows Tessa in her discovery of the shadow world , and Will (along with the rest of the shadowhunters: Charlotte, Henry, Jem, and Jessamine) in their battle against the Magister and the struggles of finding the truth about themselves.
           This is my favorite series because I love the story behind it. The fact that it takes place in the 19th century makes everything more interesting to me. There is no one book in this series that I can pick out as my favorite, or least favorite. They all have a certain aspect of them that makes me like them all equally. I could read each of these books at any time and I would never get sick of them. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about book series. It seems like for me, I never try new books or new authors because I am always reading a book that is part of a series. I seem to get stuck and am very stubborn about trying new books because I don't want to get burned if I don't like it. Also, I agree that when books are in a series, they travel in a group in terms of me favoriting them. The act as one long book with a continuing story and can only be favorited as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ambivalent feelings about series. I loved the Harry Potter series but did not like waiting for the next book. In recent years, I have started reading mystery series that are essentially complete. I will move on the recommendation of a friend and read an entire series as quickly as I can. But then I am sad when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete