Monday, June 9, 2014

Favorite Authors


    

              Everyone has those authors where they put out a new book and you immediately rush out to buy it. I tend to do that with only my favorite authors. I read a ton of books, but there are a few authors that I have read all of, or almost all of the books they've written. Those are the ones that I consider my favorite. I have three favorites. They are Jodi Piccolt, Nicholas Sparks, and Cassandra Clare.
               The first Jodi Piccolt novel I read was called The Pact. It was recommended to me by a friend. At first I thought that I wouldn't like it because at that point I was really into romance novels and this book sounded really morbid. I read it anyway, and it turned out to be one of my favorite books. I continued to read all of her popular books, I liked each one better than the next. There are few books that I haven't read by her. What I love about Jodi Piccolt is her ability to take a horrible and depressing topic and make it intense and lively. In every book that she has written, something unpredictable happens that changes the story completely. She also always manages to tie in specific messages into the end of her novels. For example in House Rules (my favorite novel by her) the idea of protecting your family is tied into the end of the story. She always writes wonderfully and I am always looking forward to another one of her books.
                   Since I started reading them in 7th grade, I have read every book that Nicholas Sparks has written. His novels are always love stories with a sad twist at the end. There are a few things that I have come to expect in every Nicholas Sparks book. They are a love story that goes through ups and downs, and the dramatic death of a character. Nicholas Sparks is always able to write characters that are easy to connect with and interesting to read about. My favorite novel by him would have to be A Walk To Remember. I loved the main character Landon, and hearing everything through his perspective. This book has an excellent love story, and a twist that you would not expect. The ending was extremely sad, however; it is a prime example of a great love story written by Nicholas Sparks.

                Lastly, Cassandra Clare is the author of two of my favorite series. They are The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices. Both of these stories follow characters who are just discovering that monsters do exist, and are learning about the Shadowhunters. The shadowhunters are people who have angel blood and fight theses monsters and kill demons. Cassandra Clare has created an entirely new world in her novels that I have fallen in love with. Her novels are action packed, descriptive, and romantic. They make you want to keep reading them, and then start them again when you are finished. It is her creativity that makes her one of my favorite authors. I have read each book in both of the series listed above because I have fallen in love with the world that she created and the characters in it. I am looking forward to another series written by her.

1 comment:

  1. Nicholas sparks is my favorite too, his novels are really great especially that i love sad kind of romance such as the notebook and a walk to remember, safe haven. I think he is the best author for romance novels.

    ReplyDelete